In this episode, Jen shares guest speaker Dr. Keith Holden, M.D. a physician of Functional Medicine and author of the book and Udemy.com course "Power of the Mind in Health and Healing.” Dr. Holden blends his knowledge and experience of science and spirituality with an intuitive and integrative approach to healing the mind-body. He also shares that sometimes the healing is in the acceptance, not the just the cure.
Enjoy the show!
- [01:00] About Keith Holden
- [06:35] Dr. Keith Holden’s personal journey in interest in health
- [12:30] Integrative Approach (mind,body, soul) is the missing link in traditional medicine
- [13:30] The Functional Medicine Approach and Mind Body Medicine
- [24:00] Functional Medicine is a Complimentary and Integrative to Traditional Medicine
- [28:30] How Meditation and Intuition became a part of the healing process
- [32:40] Body and Soul Wisdom
- [35:10] The role of acceptance in Healing and resistance in the dis-ease
- [41:00] The science behind Mindfulness Meditation
- [45:20] Resources for Science of Mindfulness and Meditation and effects on Health
- [48:35] The Placebo effect in Mind Body Medicine
- [55:25] Key Points in “The Power of the Mind in Health and Healing”